So you’ve made the call to come out and join us for a stay at the August Moon Caravan Park. That is awesome, we are sure you will have a great time during your stay! Let’s face it, the trip to any holiday destination can make or break your first couple of days. We’ve decided to pull together a list of some of the best “road trip songs” that will make your trip fun! Whilst listening to our local radio may be fun for a little while, you’re best to come equipped with some tunes.
We’re sure we will miss some favourites on the list!
- Cake – The Distance. Who doesn’t love this signature horns?
- Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen. Who’s going to argue with the boss?
- Little Red Corvette by Prince. Yep, it’s got nothing to do with cars, but it’s a hard song to miss on any list!
- Where The Streets Have No Name by U2. An absolute classic, but one sure to drive you crazy if you are genuinely lost!
- Take It Easy by The Eagles. A sweet ode to the romance of the road.
- Love Shack By The B52s. Can you find a better song to sing along to? We doubt it!
- California by Phanton Planet. One off many lists, but 2002 song simply belongs.
- The Way by Fastball. Yes, we admit the song has a dark undercurrent, but the song oozes feel-good, sing-along optimism.
- Life Is A Highway by Tom Petty. We know we want to ride it with those heavy-handed metaphors.
- Don’t Stop Believin’ by Journey. Yes, it is more than the theme to Glee. When it comes on in the car, you try and resist singing to this. You can’t. Resistance is futile.
- Everyday Is A Winding Road by Sheryl Crow. When Sheryl tells that she’s moving a little closer to feeling fine during the chorus, she speaks for all of us.
- Scar Tissue by Red Hot Chili Peppers. This is one of the best crank-up-the-dial-tunes off the Californication album.
We hope you enjoy our suggestions, and again we wish you a wonderful time during your stay with us. Be sure to check out of the local attractions like the Moon Duck Park, the botanical gardens, and don’t miss on the delights at Joe’s Diner or the local August Moon chinese!